Tibco Developer – BW, EMS and Hawk
My client, a leading financial services organisation, based in Edinburgh are looking for an experienced Tibco Developer to join their team
Highly competitive salary + bonus, my client will also allow home working at agreed times
The role responsibilities also include:
• Develop code and tests to solve business problems. I take technical guidance from more experienced developers, actively seeking out input and review.
• Support infrastructure components and services such as service mediation, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), TIBCO infrastructure, Configuration Management & deployment, Monitoring/Management etc.
• Work effectively with my tools, making best use of source control systems, build automation, IDEs, code QA and developer test frameworks. I work to extend these tools as I find the need.
• Work with business stakeholders and analysts to understand requirements, and express these as tests
• Learn and apply software craftsmanship disciplines, constantly cleaning and refactoring the code as I work. I understand the cost of technical debt, and reduce it at every safe opportunity.
• Undertake design using established patterns and practices in use within the development team, and work with other experienced developers in the team to adapt and improve these.
Specific skills & experience required:
• Experience in Tibco Business works 5.x Solutions design and development;
• Good Experience in Tibco EMS and Hawk;
• Experience in building web services using TIBCO platform;
• Some experience in core java/j2ee coding required;
• Experience with Oracle DB and SQL
• Expertise in continuous integration, configuration management and auto deployment;
• Good knowledge of SOA concepts, WSDL, schemas, REST services.
• A strong grasp of OO design, integration patterns and principles;
• Experience with test-driven development, and solid background in multiple developer test idioms;
• Experience with Specification By Example / behaviour-driven development, and a highly collaborative approach;
• A commitment to code craftsmanship – clean, low-complexity, self-describing code;
• Experience in Tibco Business works 6.0 would be advantageous;
• Experience of DevOps automation;
• Continuous Integration and Git;
General Developer skills required:
• Varied experience across multiple development projects, across multiple areas of a typical enterprise technology
• A polyglot developer, with extensive experience of two or more major languages and patterns, practices and coding idioms
• An experienced Agile developer with a strong grasp of automation, continuous integration, test-driven development and continuous refactoring.