Senior Technical Consultant – Puppet
I am recruiting on behalf of a rapidly growing Cloud/DevOps Consultancy who are partners to Puppet, Chef, Red Hat and HashiCorp
They are London based, but you can be based anywhere in the UK as long as you are flexible enough to travel to client sites
They are looking for someone that has extensive Puppet experience (Puppet Enterprise / Puppet Open Source) experience, as well as a strong mix of Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Consul, Vagrant, Jenkins
Typically this role would suit a Senior Systems Administrator / Senior or Lead DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer / Cloud Engineer
- You’ll be working on a wide range of projects from assisting sales teams in delivering proof of concept presentations.
- Design / build cloud environments, working on /developing continuous delivery tools chains to drive high levels of automation, test driven development approach and consistency across cloud services
- Liaise with our clients Architects, IT Risk and IT Security teams to ensure cloud services we provide are secure, scalable, performant, optimised and compliant.
- Proven Linux knowledge
- You have knowledge and experience (3-5 years) of high level programming languages like ruby, python, java, etc.
- You have experience with Cloud (IaaS) and virtualization technologies, including OpenStack.
- You have developed and implemented solutions to challenging automation problems.
- Being an active member of open source communities is something you cherish, and you have experience helping community members advance their code.
- Familiarity with and excitement about Open Source.
- Requires the ability to travel 50% nationally & internationally (via ground and/or air transportation), including but not limited to, operating a vehicle and/or riding as a passenger in a vehicle, airplane, train or other form of transportation.
- Requires logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual meetings, VOIP or otherwise) and working and interacting in a group or team
- Good knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby) and continuous integration / deliver approaches and tools.
- Has experience in a orchestrated automation environment ie. Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, or Openstack Heat.
- Experience in writing high-quality, reusable Puppet modules is a plus.