QA Team Lead – Lead QA Analyst – Automation
My client, an award winning software vendor, developing SaaS based Business Accounting Software Solutions for clients across the UK/EMEA are looking for an experience QA Team Lead to join their Hertfordshire based team
This role will pay between £50k-£60k depending on experience
• Lead a small Agile team by hands-on example, driving quality excellence throughout the development process, and taking accountability for the quality deliverables of the QA team.
• Advise and guide all quality stakeholders on the QA approach the wider team should take, to deliver
• quality deliverables.
• Ensure the agreed QA process and approach, for both manual and automated testing, is followed in
• order to align with the test & business strategy.
• Ensure manual testing is designed and executed to a high standard, according to the product teams’
• definitions of done.
• Ensure the team follows a risk-based approach taking into account commercial factors, make risk based recommendations and decisions on quality, priorities and releases and manage quality risks.
• Ensure all QAs within the team design and execute static reviews/requirements reviews in line with
• the department’s QA approach.
• Where appropriate, write, develop and maintain automated Test Scripts within the Automation
• Framework to ensure maximum coverage, quality and scalability across products.
• Drive the development of test processes and improvements.
• Report to Head of QA on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
• Provide motivational leadership, mentoring and coaching to the team, including on testing techniques and approaches, and the continuous improvement of these.
• Manage career and skills development, performance, holidays and workloads within the team.
• Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
• Strong experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
• Strong experience of working with SaaS products.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent understanding of Risk and how to manage it, including Risk-based Testing.
• Comprehensive testing experience and excellent understanding of test approaches and techniques,
• including specific approaches for SaaS products.
• Strong decision-making skills.
• Strong experience of leading and managing a small team of QAs through manual and automated
• Solid understanding of how to structure automation to achieve robust