Puppet is leading the movement that will define the next decade of software.
Today it’s characterised by the general realisation that for companies to remain relevant, they have to constantly provide great software to their users.
Tomorrow it’s defined by a world of frictionless software change – where any company can deliver a better experience to their users, at any moment.
My client is building a world of unconstrained software change. Where the software that powers everything around us is always available, is constantly modern, and accessible from anywhere
The company is growing and we’re determined for everyone here to have a real impact on the company and our customers every day. We’re driven and restless. We encourage creativity and collaboration. By challenging each other, we foster continuous improvement. That’s why we hire carefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity, and adaptability.
As part of their continued success our fast growing presence in the UK requires additional resource to meet its business plans.
• Proven Linux knowledge (ideally RHEL or RHCSA)
• You have knowledge and experience (3-5 years) of high level programming languages like ruby, python, java, etc.
• You have experience with Cloud (IaaS) and virtualization technologies, such as OpenStack.
• You have developed and implemented solutions to challenging automation problems.
• Being an active member of open source communities is something you cherish, and you have experience helping community members advance their code.
• Familiarity with and excitement about Open Source.
• Requires the ability to travel 50% nationally & internationally (via ground and/or air transporta-tion), including but not limited to, operating a vehicle and/or riding as a passenger in a vehicle, airplane, train or other form of transportation.
• Requires logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual meetings, VOIP or otherwise) and working and interacting in a group or team
• Experience in writing high-quality, reusable Puppet modules is a plus.