Lead IT Security Specialist – CISSP
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead IT Security Specialist to join our IT Security team in Edinburgh. In this role you will provide expertise in the use of IT Security tools and processes, as well as implementing appropriate security controls to protect the Banks customers, systems, assets and organisational data against technical threats.
• Draft and maintain procedures and documentation for IT Security.
• Monitor the application and compliance of security operations procedures and review information systems for actual or potential breaches in security.
• Ensure that all identified breaches are promptly and thoroughly investigated, updating process documentation where required.
• Ensure that any system changes required to maintain security are implemented.
• May be required to produce Security designs for small projects.
• Report on identified vulnerabilities, articulating the associated risks.
• Manage IT Security 3rd party Suppliers, ensuring they perform to the required SLAs and select appropriate suppliers through a rigorous review process to deliver quality security services and solutions to the Bank.
• Provide assurance for projects prior to implementation to ensure all security requirements, including security testing, are fully met.
• Inform Security strategy and define requirements for Security led projects.
Required skills/ experience:
• Solid experience of working in different areas of IT Security, preferably within the Financial Services industry.
• Fully qualified in CISSP or equivalent and seen as a Technical Security Expert in IT Security.
• Industry knowledge of IT Security risks and solutions
• Working knowledge of IT Security tools such as Qualys, SIEM, WAF, IDS.
• Management of operational IT Security systems.
• 3rd party engagement and supplier management.
• Experience in providing effective MI and reporting IT Security issues, to senior management.
• Ability to lead or take responsibility for task(s) as part of project or functional activities.