Cloud Architect – Public Cloud (AWS / Azure)
Eminence recruitment, are partnering with a Digital Bank in Edinburgh. They are at early stages of migrating their datacenter to Public Cloud (AWS/Azure) and they need a Solution Architect ( Domain Architect ) to help them on that journey.
Significant experience of public cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and specifically for AWS have at least attained the Solutions Architect Associate Certificate is a prerequisite for this role
Solution Architect ( Domain Architect ) – Public Cloud (AWS / Azure)
• Leading, delivering and communicating one or more technical domains in line with the defined technology strategies and architecture of the bank.
• Delivering roadmaps which inform technology decisions and shape and align the investment portfolio ensuring it delivers the target architecture.
• Producing solution designs for significant use cases/projects, as agreed by the CIO LT.
• Participating in the management and maintenance of key suppliers and vendors, evaluating usefulness, maximising capabilities, cost of products and making appropriate recommendations.
• Working across the business & CIO delivery teams to explore and agree solutions that meet business requirements within project and enterprise constraints.
• Ensuring I am risk aware – this may include identifying, assessing, managing or mitigating risks – helping to ensure I "do the right thing" at all times.
• Influencing Exec and Senior Management in technology and architecture decisions and guiding technical specialists by staying abreast of industry trends & solutions.
• Leading teams to execute technical proof-of-concept activities.
• Facilitating the architectural governance processes including contributing to and reviewing of scorecards.
• Applying appropriate due-diligence to ensure quality solution designs are produced that are compliant with policy and standards and are aligned with domain road maps.
• Identifying, suggesting and driving changes which support making CIO “Simpler, Faster, Safer” and enhancing our service to customers.
Required skills/ experience:
• Significant experience of public cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and specifically for AWS have at least attained the Solutions Architect Associate Certificate
• Experience of data centre infrastructure & networking e.g. including Servers, Blades, Storage, Hypervisors, routing and switching
• Experience and exposure to common operating systems e.g. Windows and Linux
• Experience and exposure of security technologies – firewalls, proxies and server based AV/IDS/IPS.
• Exposure to DevOps – CI/CD pipelines, automation, infrastructure as code
• Must have Banking or Financial Services experience.
• Experience influencing and communicating with senior business and IT leaders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of communicating technical ideas to non-technical colleagues
• Experience of managing or leading teams either via direct or matrix management
• Exposure to project management and/or agile methodologies